Registration and Payment Procedures
(for most locations; subject to site-specific requirements)
- Registration for all workshops is done online.
- A combination confirmation and invoice will be emailed within three business days after you submit the registration form.
- Payment by credit card is optimal and preferred (see below).
- If paying by check, please reference the invoice number and attendee's name on your check or mail a copy of the invoice with your check.
- Payment (by credit card) is due before the workshop. However, we understand that payment by check can take longer, and the class may occur before payment is received. If this is the case and you have received an invoice from your registration, you may participate in the class, but you will not obtain the certificate for class completion until the payment is received and processed.
- If you do not receive your confirmation/invoice or have any questions or need to make changes to your registration, please call 940-369-7843 or email CPMworkshops@unt.edu or Tamara.Russell@unt.edu.
Preregistration is not required; however, walk-ins and persons who register after the deadline will be charged a late fee of $25 per day, and at locations where lunch is provided, there is a chance that they may not have lunch.
Credit Card Receipts and Confirmation/Invoices
- Payment by credit card is optimal and preferred.
- An email with your credit card receipt will come from Tamara.Russell@unt.edu with the "CPM: Public Fund Investment Act (Date) Registration Confirmation and Invoice" immediately upon processing.
- These emails frequently go to Spam/Junk folders.
- Emails will go to the address provided in the payment processor screen.
- We process the order and send a confirmation/invoice within three business days. If the combination of this invoice and the credit card receipt is insufficient for your purchasing requirements, please email CPMworkshops@unt.edu.
Cancellations, Transfers, and Substitutions Policy
- All requests must be submitted via email to Tamara.Russell@unt.edu or via the forms below by the date and time listed on your Confirmation/Invoice.
- If the original attendee cannot attend, you may send a substitute.
- Transfers and refunds are not available for substitute attendees.
Training Access and Materials
- A link to the training page is emailed five business days prior and one business day before the first day of the training. This email is sent to the participant's email address provided on the registration form.
- If the workshop is being presented via Zoom, all Zoom links and audio dial-in information will also be provided on this training page.
- Participants should download their training materials (PDFs of the presentations) before the workshop. Participants may print their materials or follow along on their electronic devices during the workshop.
We do not reserve blocks of hotel rooms. We suggest using your preferred travel website and searching for lodging near the training location to find a hotel.
- Certificates verifying Public Funds Investment Act training and CPE hours will be emailed to the address on your registration form within seven business days after the last day of the workshop.
In-person workshop: Certificates are only issued based on the information on the sign-in sheet.
- Zoom workshop: Certificates will only be issued based on attendance verification during the training. This is achieved by either leaving the camera on during the class or by check-ins/participation in pop quizzes during the class.
- As stated previously, if you have paid by check, the CPM will have to receive and process the check before the certificate can be awarded. You may, however, participate in the class beforehand.
- Please ensure you are signed in for the hours you need. No exceptions will be honored.
- Certificates are valid for PFIA, TSBPA CPE, CGFO, and TASBO Certification.
- The objective of this training is education in investment controls, security risks, strategy risks, market risks, diversification of investment portfolios, and compliance with the Public Funds Investment Act. No prerequisite or preparation is required. Although we offer New Investment Officer training at least once yearly, any workshops are appropriate for new officers. Click here for Our Curriculum.
CPE Sponsor Statement
- We are registered with the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy as a CPE sponsor (007716). This registration does not constitute the board's endorsement of the quality of our CPE program.