COVID-19 Procedures (these supercede all procedures below)
- Through August 31, 2021 all training will be via Zoom. Information for accessing the Zoom meeting will be on the individual training page along with the training materials. This information is sent to attendees via email 5 business days prior to the workshop.
- Registration is required prior to the start of a seminar to receive a certificate.
- For each day of training you are required to submit the Attendance Verification form with the passphrases that are provided during the training. Without the Attendance Verification form completed, by 11:59 pm on the day the training takes place, the certificate will not be issued. Instructions for completing this form are provided at the beginning of the training.
Registration and Payment Procedures
(for most locations; subject to site-specific requirements)
- A combination confirmation and invoice will be emailed to you within three business days after you submit the registration form.
- If paying by check, please reference the invoice number and attendee's name on your check, or mail a copy of the invoice with your check.
- Payment is due prior to the workshop.
- If you do not receive your confirmation/invoice, or if you have any questions or need to make changes to your registration, please call 940-369-7843 or email CPMworkshops@unt.edu.
- Preregistration is not required; however, walk-ins and persons who register after the deadline will be charged a late fee of $25 per day, and at locations where lunch is provided there is a chance that they may not have a lunch.
Credit Card Receipts and Confirmation/Invoices
- An email with your credit card receipt will come from firstname.lastname@example.org with the "Subject: Standard Notification" immediately upon processing.
- These emails frequently go to Spam/Junk folders.
- Emails will go to the address provided in the payment processor screen.
- We process the order and send a confirmation/invoice within 3 business days. If the combination of this invoice and the credit card receipt are insufficient for your purchasing requirements please email CPMworkshops@unt.edu.
- If you need to pay with a credit card after registering, please call us (940) 369-7843 for instructions on how we can accept payment.
Cancellations, Transfers, and Substitutions Policy
- All requests must be submitted via email to CPMworkshops@unt.edu, or via the forms listed below, by the date and time listed on your Confirmation/Invoice.
- Refunds (less a $25 processing fee) are honored if request is received by the deadline provided on your Confirmation/Invoice. Refund requests may be emailed to CPMworkshops@unt.edu, or submitted via the Cancel a Registration form.
- No refunds when notified after the deadline provided on your Confirmation/Invoice.
- Registration may only be transferred one time to a workshop within 6 months of the original workshop date. Transfer requests may be emailed to CPMworkshops@unt.edu, or submitted via the Transfer a Registration form.
- No refunds will be issued to participants who choose to transfer.
- A $25 transfer fee will be charged if transfer is requested after the deadline provided on your Confirmation/Invoice.
- If the original attendee is unable to attend, you may send a substitute, transfers and refunds are not available for substitute attendees.
Participants must download their training materials prior to the workshop. Participants may then decide to print their own materials or follow along on their own electronic devices during the workshop. A link to the training page, that includes the presentation materials, is emailed five business days prior, and one business day prior to the first day of the training. This email is sent to the participant's email address provided on the registration form.
Registration for all of our workshops is done online.
We do not reserve blocks of hotel rooms. To find a hotel, we suggest using your preferred travel website and searching on the training location.
Certificates verifying Public Funds Investment Act training and CPE hours will be emailed to the address provided on your registration form within 7 business days after the last day of the workshop. Certificates will only be issued based on the sign-in sheet information. Please be very sure that you are signed in for the correct number of hours you need. No exceptions will be honored.
The objective of this training is education in investment controls, security risks, strategy risks, market risks, diversification of investment portfolios, and compliance with the Public Funds Investment Act. No prerequisite or advance preparation is required. Although we offer New Investment Officer training at least once each year, any of our workshops are appropriate for new officers. Click here for Our Curriculum.
CPE Sponsor Statement
We are registered with the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy as a CPE sponsor (007716). This registration does not constitute an endorsement by the board as to the quality of our CPE program.